hopRSS

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tapering for Your Marathon or Half Marathon

Last weekend I finished my last long mileage day before my half marathon, which is now less than two weeks away.? For this coming weekend, I will be walking lower mileage - tapering.? For a full marathon, that should be 10 miles or so at race pace.? For a half marathon, six miles at race pace.

Tapering gives the body time to do its final muscle building and repair.? It also gives you time to heal up those final foot blisters.? Sure enough, I got a small one on my last long walk. This week would be the right time to shop for any final gear you need to replace and to test it out on your final weekend walk.? Nothing new after that, you don't want to have anything new on race day.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment